Almost 8 years ago, I moved into a very old house. And I started down a road of learning:
- Do it yourself Carpentry – lots of it BIG and small.
- Home re-modeling basics
- Clearing Land and Cutting Down Trees
- Finishing a basement
- running cables
- Heat and AC issues
- Porch repair and Deck repair and building
- Re-enforcing stairs
- What tools to buy and why and what tools not to buy
- Climate controls tips and tricks
Prior to that I was an apartment dweller who relied on landlords and hired handy people for all that. I have learned much and now do repairs and carpentry, and when I hire people to do those things I can maximize my value for the price.
As for interior design issues and de-cluttering I knew the basics but took it to new levels with observations from how my Mom does things.