Recruiters – Learn great Tech Recruiter tactics!
Once a month I hold a speech (with Q&A) geared towards recruiters! You will learn valuable tips to do your job better!
3rd Wednesday of every month!
How Do I sign up?
Click here: http://www.meetup.com/Peoples-Technical-Training-PTT/
For now slightly south of Baltimore. If you want me to do it in your area email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide me with a location with projector and I will travel to you.
Seasons Pizza in Linthicum Maryland
The meeting presents the best way to
- Recruit talent without paying an arm and a leg on hourly rates
- Recruit talent for hard to find jobs
- Best technical interview strategies to find the masters, and weed out the less effective candidates
- Finding out how to fill impossible job requirements for highly specialized computer professionals
- Learn how C# and Java relate to each other and what will replace them in marketplace (no programming knowledge required)
- Learn why ASP.net MVC differs from ASP.net WebForms and why it is hot now (no programming required)
- What the heck is Haddop, MongoDB, Hbase, Big Data and how are they related to SQL Server. How do I find qualified candidates.
DC, MD, VA, Baltimore Coder Community
Recruiters often call me to find programmers. I suggest they visit User Groups and Code Camps. Those place- are a great place to:
- find qualified job hunters
- hear great speeches and learn on technical topics
- meet recruiters who show up to network
These places are recruiter heaven and heaven for programmers who want to learn their craft even better!
A List of Coder Meetings/Events
I will update these as people tell me about ones I forgot!
The Places to find many more meetings!
- A pretty cool way to find a lot of user groups and meetings @ http://www.communitymegaphone.com/
- Meetup.com has them all. Programming, Book clubs, Movie meetups, Comics, Crochet, Zumba, Yoga, etc. if people get together it is going down there.
- EventBrite.com is also a good spot I have not explored much but will be.
These are the 3 I know of please let me know about more so I can add.
Discussion Groups to find out more, post jobs, post your availability, etc.
There are email groups and web sites you can join to learn more and find other programmers
Tell us about other groups to put on this Blog!
I will add them promptly. There are several ways to tell us:
Good Luck to recruiters and job hunters and learners using these resources!
from Charles Carroll, Programmer, Software Architect, Teacher, Writer, Community Leader