Years ago when the Technology world looked like this:
- Wordperfect, Lotus, Harvard Graphics, dBase
- Novell Netware and Lantastic
- Netscape and Java and Beans
- Lotus Notes
- Gem / Ventura Publisher
I predicted that they would be taken out by disruptive technologies:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- IE and ASP/ASP.net
- Other cloud technologies would obliterate Lotus Notes
- I knew DTP would die in deference to WYSIWYG Word Processing because Quark and PageMaker killed their category by over pricing.
Now I have a set of predictions for this decade that really pisses people off when they read them ….