My name is Charles Mark Carroll
- a Dad to 3 (2 boys, one girl) you can read about my family here
- as of this writing 50 years old
- A programmer in many languages, platforms and database back ends
- a Crazy Cat-Guy fur kid dad with way too many cats
- Software Architect
- Teacher on computer topics
- A writer of technical books, and some fiction for publication in a few years.
- A gamer: Chess Variants, Eurogames and other face to face games
- an opinionated, passionate Meyers-Briggs ENTP who researches the heck out of all my opinions but is not shy at expressing them
- A heavy computer and gadget user on Windows, Mac, Android and Apple iOS.
Some Trivia about me
- I was born Mark Charles Brown, but legally changed my name in early 20s to match a first name I preferred and my paternal grandfather’s last name.
- Born in a log cabin (no wait that is Abe Lincoln). I was born in Holy Cross Hospital Silver Spring MD and grew up in Twinbrook / Rockville Maryland.
- Have lived in Denton, North Carolina, Charlotte NC, and Boiling Springs, SC. Currently live slightly south of Baltimore Maryland.
- 2 of my kids go to school in Suginami-Ku Tokyo. They come back to US 3 times a year (Summer, Christmas/New Year and Spring break) when they have a school vacation.
- I am a dance skater, took lessons at Congressional Roller Rink before my teen and got decent at it despite my massive clumsiness
- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CongressionalRollerRink/info is a place where we all reminisce.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/40210678099/ is the Congressional Roller Rink FB group.